Dr. M. Lahkar
Dr. M. Lahkar, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD in Radiodiagnosis
5326904

side of my throat there are little pockets and white matter lodges

I have noticed that on the side of my throat there are little pockets and white matter lodges in them. Sometimes they break free and I swallow them accidentally. What is this white matter and will it hurt me. It smells terrible too.
Hi, this could be granular pharyngitis which is a bacterial infection of the throat commonly caused by streptococcus. the white matter is the granular substance formed during the infection and it is not harmful if swallowed. It is a very common conditon. It doesnor require any significant medications but you can try out some simple home remedies.

Look up this site for more.

For accepting this answer, please click on the green 'accept' button below. Feedback/Bonus will be warmly appreciated.