DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD

my wife fust had a lymph node removed to have byopsy

my wife fust had a lymph node removed to have byopsy on. should antibiotics have been prescribed after surgery as aftercare?
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

Was it a fine needle aspiration or core needle open lymph nodes biopsy?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
they removed it.. they cut and took it out..should antibiotics have been prescribed on follow up?
Thanks for the additional information. Usually no antibiotic are prescribed after biopsy. If there is severe pain and redness then antibiotics are prescribed.The incision site must be kept clean and dry, and a follow-up visit to check on healing is usually necessary.

For details please visit: