Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant

I had an operation on my shoulder April 16th and ...

I had an operation on my shoulder April 16th and was treated for very low blood pressure in the post op room. I have gone to the Dr. for swelling in my hands and feet and because I am on Lyrica she told me to go water walking and that should help, It does. But I have had 3 drops of blood when wiping after urinating (3 times, i ddrop of blood.) The dr. aked for a urine sample and it came back negative for UTI. Should I be concerned about kidney trouble?

Hematuria, or blood in the urine can be caused by many things including trauma, kidney stones, infections, viral infections including STDs, bladder stones, kidney disease, lupus, certain medications,. obstructions of the urinary tract, amongst other reasons. If your doctor did not detect an infection, then further investigation needs to be done if it continues, to determine the exact cause. You can read more here
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The urine dip stick test did not find blood in it,or a UTI. I have not had it since. The main problem seems to be a bit of a resricted flow, (I may wait for kup to a minute before flow starts) and my swelling.

If a UTI is not present, then this needs further evaluation if it continues. A restricted flow could mean a stone, but this would also encompass other symptoms such as pain. The only way to know for sure if there is a stone would be to see your doctor for further evaluation. I would also strain your urine to determine if there are any pieces of stone. For most kidney stones, your doctor would suggest drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day to help flush them out. You may also need to take pain medication. For only 1 or 2 out of 10 people, a stone will be too large to pass on it's own. A stone will usually take about 1-3 weeks to pass, and two-thirds of stones that pass on their own pass within 4 weeks of the symptoms appearing. Other than pain medication and drinking plenty of fluids, further treatment is done only if your pain is too severe, the stones are blocking the urinary tract, or if you also have an infection. These methods would include extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy, using a scope, or regular surgery. You can read more here