Keith, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified Adult Nurse Practitioner. 14 years as a nurse, 8 as an ortho NP.

my chair backwards, hitting the back of my head on the floor

Customer Question

i am in a wheelchair and yesterday at about 3 pm i flipped my chair backwards, hitting the back of my head on the floor. Although i was initially shocked and dazed for the first few minutes i dont have any lingering affects. Im wondering however if i should be at all concerned about internal bleeding as a result of this hit to the head
Category: Health
Expert:  Keith replied 8 years ago.

The things to watch out for are the so-called "First or Worst headaches." In other words, if you start to have a headache that is unlike any headache you've had before, or if the headache is the worst you have had in your life and getting worse, it is time to seek medical attention sooner rather than later.

Other signs to look out for: A "thunderclap" headache - on that comes out of nowhere and starts pounding. Double vision, nausea, problems with short term memory or confusion are also red flags.

Good luck.