Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

Hi I have sever diaherr, and pain in lower abdomin. I have ...

Hi I have sever diaherr, and pain in lower abdomin. I have taken imodium and electolyte. I had my gall bladder removed a week back, I don''t think the pain is where the operation took place. Lots of noises in my stomach, haven''t been able to sleep. Could you please advice what medicine i should take

According to a research around 20 percent of patients after gall bladder surgery , suffer from diarrhea. As such it is advised that you should take -Imodium, it can be taken up to 4 times as per requirement. Also take medication for absorption of bile acids like aluminium hydroxide. Also a high fiber diet , is recommend after gall bladder surgery.You can take Ready-mixed rehydration sachets (eg Dioralyte, Rehidrat) .You should not take -diary products, spicy food,alcohol and caffeine.If these tips doesnot help you, then you should see your doctor for management.