Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Experience:  Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling

I have noticed that when I take my walk around the school ...

I have noticed that when I take my walk around the school track my fingers swell up. I have noticed this recently as the temperature and humidity have increased and also as my distance has increased. After about a mile they almost hurt and I try to raise them up. I''ve been assuming it''s the heat, salt intake the day before and a hydration issue.

I agree with your thoughts on the matter. Make sure you are hydraiting well and urinating sufficiently too. Many walkers and runners face this same situation. It really is not a problem as long as the swelling subsides within a few hours afterwards. If not, then you shoud discuss with the doctor. Please look at the website below for good info for you about your problem and guidelines for drinking to help alleviate it.

Please let me know if you need further clarification or want to talk more!