Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP
Since when have you had this problem?
Do you have acid reflux, heartburn?
What medicines are you on?
Sneeze associated nausea is a a somewhat uncommon symptom of acid reflux and gastritis.
Nausea is a common symptom of gastritis, which is inflammation of the inner lining of the stomach. Gastritis also causes increased acid and gas formation causing acid reflux.
Acute gastritis also stimulates a nerve called the vagus nerve. This nerve carries sensation from all the internal abdominal organs as well as from the throat and respiratory tract.
In gastritis, the vagus nerve gets irritated. One of the symptoms of acute gastritis is nausea - this is also the time when the irritation of the nerve is the most. This irritation is carried on to the organs supplied by the nerve, Since the nasal mucosa is the most sensitive of the tissues it supplies, this gets irritated too. Irritation causes sneezing and this helps in decreasing the irritation of the vagus nerve to some extent.
Sneezine also increases the pressure inside the chest, acid reflux is prevented and nausea decreases.
I hope this helps.
The prevacid will decrease acid secretion in the stomach but does not actually decrease the inflammation.To decrease gastritis, you will need to take some steps at home:
- Take sips of ice cold water throughout the day from time to time. This will cool the stomach tissues, decrease acid secretion and dilute the acid. Ice-creams and cold custard also work, plus since they are semisolid, they have less chances of trickling upwards and causing acid reflux.
- Take 4-5 small meals instead of 3 major meals. Ice-cold rice pudding is ideal for you.
- Avoid greasy, fried food . Take small meals.
- Sleep in a propped up position instead of flat on the bed to prevent acid reflux.
- As soon as you wake up in the morning and before getting up from bed, nibble at 2-3 dry crackers. These will absorb whatever acid and gas has collected in your stomach overnight. Lie quietly in bed for another 30 minutes.
- Liquid and solid food is not to taken together. Liquids are to be taken at least 1 hour after solids.