How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr PG M.D. Your Own Question
Dr PG M.D.
Dr PG M.D., Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2337
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MS
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr PG M.D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 14 year old daughter has very heavy periods, should I ...

Resolved Question:

My 14 year old daughter has very heavy periods, should I take her to see a gynecologist? If not at what age should she see one?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr PG M.D. replied 8 years ago.
Your 14 year old daughter should be assessed by a gynecologist at present.
She is likely to be having problems related to hormonal imbalance that need to be assessed and treated appropriately by the gynecologist.
This will prevent further complications like anemia (due to blood loss) too,
Dr. PG
Dr PG M.D. and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you