Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

What does soft unformed bowel movement indicate

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 8 years ago.

Hello.

If you recently had suffered from illness, then change in bowel movements is common with that. Other causes for such stool are- Colitis, Crohn's disease. Sometimes lactose may the cause, so you should eliminate dairy products. If symptoms persists for more than 2 weeks, then you should be seen by your doctor.Your doctor can order some tests like -full blood count, urea and electrolytes, liver function tests, vitamin B12, folate, calcium, ferritin, ESR and CRP. Thyroid function tests , stool culture.

Regards

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I used to have diarrhea and constipation days without a bowel movement I had a CT Scan was normal, colonoscopy was normal blood tests are normal there is one other test I am going through and if you think it will show anything what do you think it will show I am going to have an capsule endoscopy I don't think its lactose because I hardly eat cheese I stopped drinking milk when i was a child I started to work out and since I sweat alot when i work out when i get home i always drink a bottle of the gatorade or powerade water with electrolytes to replinish my electrolytes
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 8 years ago.

Capsule endoscopy can identify pathology of the small bowel like ulcer ,vascular lesion, tumours . It is very beneficial investigation to make a diagnose. So yes, you should get this done to evaluate the cause.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't know if this is also a clue if I have something wrong with my small intestines if so what do you think it is I haven't been exercising regularyly so I was extremely tired every day now for about the past two weeks I've been exercising regularly just about every day and i still feel just as tired if not more I thought my tiredness would go away
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
On and off I can feel a cramping pain around my belly button and upper right of it but the pain isn't that bad what could that be
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't know if this is a clue that I have something wrong with my intestines I've been working out regularly for about three weeks now before I was so tired during the day now since exercising I am more tired I thought my tiredness would get better with exercise

Once in a while I can feel a cramping pain in my stomach I noticed yesterday compared to the last few days I didn't have a bowel movement I am still passing some gas but not as much
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Also I've noticed the last couple of times I have had a bowel movement it was hard to come out like I am constipated what could that be a sign of.