Dr PG M.D.
Dr PG M.D., Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MS
9208484

his head face first, leaving his left side..it affected his eye sight

On January 2 2008 my boyfriend took a hard fall on the ice. He his his head face first, leaving his left side of his face, brused and bloody, he was confused, and it affected his eye sight. He said he would be ok, he did not go to the doctor. The first week of Febuary he had what the doctor described as a TIA. They done heart test and and found he has a membrane that makes a whrilpool that the doctor said made the blood clot. He now 6 months later is always sick with head pain, blacking out, confusion, angry, Always tired, If sets down he falls asleep. Pain in the side of his head, pain in the back of his head, he feels sick all the time. Could his fall have caused this? The doctor said if the way he feels is from the fall there is nothing they can do for him. Am I wrong for asking for a ct or mri/
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr PG M.D. replied 6 years ago.
   By what you are describing there are two possibilities in your boyfriend's case-
Concussion - This might be due to the head injury (as said by the doctors). Sometimes concussion takes long time to recover (depending on the extent of injury). It can be as long as 6-8 months after injury
Post TIA - TIA is transient Ischemic attack. This is a minor brain stroke in which there is usually no permanent neurological damage after the TIA. But sometimes there can be mild persistent changes like forgetfulness, headaches etc.
If an MRI or CT scan of the brain was not done initially, then You are right in getting one done. A baseline MRI or CT scan should be done in his case.
Regards,
Dr. PG
Dr PG M.D., Doctor
Experience: MBBS, MD, MS