Dr PG M.D.
Dr PG M.D., Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MS
9208484

I HAVE HAD HEADACHES AND BODY ACHES I AM BRUSING EASLIY AND ...

Customer Question

I HAVE HAD HEADACHES AND BODY ACHES I AM BRUSING EASLIY AND I AM REALLY TIRED ALL THE TIME I HAVE BEEN TAKING HORMONES PREMARIN FOR A COUPKLE OF YEARS DUE TO COMPLETE HYSTO WOULD MY LEVELS NEED TO BE CHECKED ????
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr PG M.D. replied 8 years ago.
   What you are describing are Premarin side effects. Headache with bruising are seen in patients taking Premarin. Skin bruising might be an indication of effect of the medicine on liver. I would advise you to consult your doctor as soon as possible.

Read more in detail below

http://www.icanrx.com/premarin-side-effects-discount-drugs.html

Regards,
Dr.PG
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr PG M.D.'s Post: COULD THERE BE ANYTHING ELSE THAT I NEED TO MAKE SURE THEY CHECK WHEN I GO TO THE DR ???AND WHY WOULD THIS BE NOW AFTER YEARS OF TAKING PREMARIN???
You are right. Mostly the reaction to a medicine occur when started initially. But sometimes in chronic use, the liver can get affected. The bruising is because of a bleeding disorder. The cause has to be seen. Knowing our history, the most probable cause seem Premarin. Other causes can be old liver infection, bone marrow diseases, other liver diseases, DIC etc. All these conditions a be ruled out by various blood tests. So, you will need to consult your doctor as soon as possible.
Regards,
Dr. PG
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr PG M.D.'s Post: THANK YOU XXXXX I ASK FOR IN THE BLOOD WORK I KNOW THAT SOMETIMES DRS ONLY REQ STANDARD WORK UP HOW DO I MAKE SURE THAT THE BLOOD TEST WILL COVER ALL OF WHAT I NEED TO BE TESTED FOR SO THAT I ONLY HAVE TO GIVE BLOOD ONCE TILL AFTER THE FIRST ONE IS DONE I KNOW THEY WILL ASK FOR MORE IF NEED BE TO DOUBLE CHECK BUT I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE THE TEST FOR EVERYTHING AND THEN RULE OUT I DONT WANT TO BE LEFT IN LIMBO OR HAVE TO WAIT 2 MONTHS FOR ALL TO BE REVIEWD THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP
For all the different bleeding disorders, there are specialized tests. But these all these tests cannot be done in you without a clue as to what the problem is. So, in the beginning basic blood tests will be required like
- complete blood count,
- hemoglobin levels
- ESR
- Bleeding time and clotting time
- peripheral blood film
- liver function test
On evaluating these results then the next step is to whether get further tests like bone marrow biopsy etc.
Regards,
Dr. PG