Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
8708167

high blood pressure

Customer Question

I was inICU 3 weeks ago with this and since that time my blood pressure has stayed at around 200/110 at the presant time it is 224/109. I have been taking coversal but it is still high.
My doctor has instructed my work place i am still quite capable of doing my daily job which is working in a bank. Is this correct and there is nothing to worry about. I collapsed at the shopping centre a week ago but because of my doctor saying there is nothing to worry about I asked not to be taken to hospital.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 8 years ago.

Present time are you talking about now at the moment it is 224/109?

This much high blood pressure is not at all acceptable and this would be called as malignant hypertension.It can lead to bleed in the brain due to high blood pressure and stroke and other complications.
So I suggest you visit the ER(emergency/doctor right away , so that appropriate management can be initiated before any complications arise.

It is ok that your are not feeling any symptoms but ignoring it would be foolish.Also you had a fainting attack.

I hope this helps you,

Regards,

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you I will try and get in but the doctors here can be a little bit unresponsive. I appreciate your assistance today and hope I can get in.
Best of luck.

Dr.Tharun