Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
8708167

dull pain in my testicles, especially the right, can you please advise

Customer Question

I have been suffering for quite a few weeks ow with a dull pain in my testicles, especially the right, can you please advise
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 6 years ago.
Hello Chris,

Is there any fever, or burning in the urine?

Any history of trauma or injury?

Any swelling in the testis?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Dr.Tharun's Post: The answer is NO to all your questions
Hello Chris,

The common reason for pain in the testis is some sort of infection which is called orchitis.As you have been suffering from quite a few weeks it could be well a chronic infection, where the symptoms are usually mild as in your case.A course of antibiotics will clear it off.

The second reason for the dull pain would be dilatation of blood vessels in the testis called varicocele.

Hydrocele that is collection of fluid around the testis can also give dull pain.But absence of swelling would make it a remote possibility.
A cyst can also give dull pain.

All these possibilities can be ruled out by doing an Ultrasound of the testis which is OPD procedure which will pin point the diagnoses.

Meanwhile you should wear a good athletic inner wear to support the testis.Painkillers will also help reduce the pain and the inflammation.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Many thanks for your reply, but wearing tight clothing in the area makes it more painfull and is easier when loose, what do you think?
Hello Chris,

Well then it could be case of cyst in the testis which is causing the pain.In all other cases there would some relief when you support your scrotum properly.

Cysts if infected can give rise to pain, which will require a course of antibiotics.Again diagnoses will confirmed by an Ultrasound.

I hope this clears the doubt.

Regards,

Dr.Tharun