Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics

Hi. I recently went to my PCP with complaints of nausea, ...

Hi. I recently went to my PCP with complaints of nausea, abdominal pain, no appetite, gagging sensation when taking pills, and general malaise. Bloodwork showed liver enzymes of 167 for ALT and 176 for AST. I do drink several glasses of wine with dinner. I am not over weight and eat well. My PCP thought it was probably gallstones, but I don''t have the characteristic pain on right side. I have lost about 10 pounds recently, now weigh 129, 5''5. I''m scared to death about the liver readings. Can you offer some advice?? By the way I am 47 y/o female and have been pregnant twice with no children conceived (I only add this because I know gallstones are more common in women who have been pregnant and I'm not sure that I count there.) Thanks again. Any advice would be helpful, and I understand you have limited info. Karen
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 8 years ago.

Hello karen

You have a history of alcohol consumption with eleveted liver enzymes along with physical symptoms such as nausea, abdominal pain, no appetite, gagging sensation and general malaise which are also related to liver involvement.

A consultation with a Physician along with Ultrasonography of abdomen will be very helpful in ruling out any liver related problem which may arise because of alcohol .

And yes you already have started the treatment (trying not be too

Keep it up

Best wishes
Press "ACCEPT" if your question has been answered.
Positive Feedback is always appreciated.
Please ask any follow up question freely.
If you are not satisfied with the answer,please do not click ACCEPT button and tell me so that I can REQUEST other experts here to answer it..