Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

Im not feeling Im getting enough air and

Customer Question

I'm not feeling I'm getting enough air and feeling very lightheaded..I didn't sleep last night due to my left arm tingling and throbbing.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 8 years ago.
Do you smoke ?
Any history of anxiety ? panic attacks ?
Any history of respiratory illness ? Cough ?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr Anil Kumar's Post: Yes I smoke, no history of anxiety or panic attacks. However I was diagnosed at the age of 3 w/ a heart murmur and at age 15 complained of pain, EKG wich again revealed a heart murmur "that I wld grow out of" Something is wrong..airing my personal business online is not something I usually do..I am truly scared of what might be happening to me.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 8 years ago.
In my opinion you need a X -Ray Chest ( P.A view) ,Lung function test, EKG examination for further evaluation. You need to be seen by a doctor for further medical investigations apart from auscultation ..
Following possibilities needs to be ruled out pulmonary pathology like bronchitis etc especially since you have a history of smoking .
Also EKG will evaluate the heart as well .
Also your vitals like BP and Pulse needs to be checked as well .
If symptoms persists a visit to ER can also be considered..

I hope this helps
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It feels like I am not getting enough air into my lungs causing dizziness,lightheadness and pressure in the chest, is it possible I have had a stroke?
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 8 years ago.
Warning signs of stroke

Well with these symptoms a visit to ER for basic evaluation should definetly be considered especially EKG and Chest X -Ray .