Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

lower back surgy but now i have problems with my left leg..right leg

Customer Question

had lower back surgy but now i have problems with my left leg it has a feeling like it is cold sleep like feelingand problems with walking it seems like the left leg is not working like the right leg can you tell me what i need to do thank you
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 years ago.

When was surgery done? For what problem, surgery was done? Since when are you experiencing the sleeping sensation? Are any investigations done? How old are you?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
had it done on march 11 2008 because of serva lower back pain on lower left side also at that time i could not control my bowels because of the nerves begin pinch and very bad bone spurs this way but at that time i did not have any problems with my left leg some days the left leg acts better but later i have the problems like said when i went back to the doctor on june 18 2008 they x-ray my back said everything look good said to come back on sept. 18 want is going on with left leg
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Arun Phophalia's Post: sir. also left out about the leg also at times my feet and ankleswell up at times

The symptoms of coldness and swelling will need evaluation by a colored doppler ultrasound for your arteries. A compromise in circulation can give you these symptoms. This can be because of the atherosclerosis, arteriosclerosis, and other peripheral occlusive diseases.

If this comes normal, electrodiagnostic studies (neurophysiological studies) like electromyography and nerve conduction studies would be needed. Your primary care physician can get these investigations and according to the results of investigation will give you specialist referral.

Hope this helps. Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun