Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics
4079050

For an MD. I recently discontinued zoloft after a long ...

For an MD. I recently discontinued zoloft after a long taper...over months. I have been officially off of it for 2 weeks. I am not feelind depressed but am having difficulty with memory , concentration and reading. I was told by one DR. that this is a normal side effect of discontiniuing a drug after being on it for 10 years and i can expect it to get better in 4 to 6 weeks. Please elaborate on what is happening? ...i know that the blood plasma half life of zoloft is 26 hours so it would be long out of my system. The neuron half life of zoloft is however longer 75 hours. so taking my last dose at 25 mg based on a 75 hour half life the drug would be basically zero after 2 weeks. Is this why I am experiencing these effects now because the neural concentration of sertraline has dropped to 0%.?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 8 years ago.

Hello

Probably we have this discussion earlier also and many times.

There are various types of memory such as short term, long term.

First of all you should go for a memory test which can be administered by a clinical Psychologist first to determine where exactly the problem exist.

Memory Loss & the Brain

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Press "ACCEPT" if your question has been answered,so that I can be paid for it!
Positive Feedback is always appreciated.
Please ask any follow up question freely.
If you are not satisfied with the answer,please do not click ACCEPT button and tell me so that I can REQUEST other experts here to answer it..

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I was told by a psychologist that there is no point in doing memory tests because they are expensive and would likely reveal little if anything...can you recommend an online test that would work?
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 8 years ago.

Hi

There are several memory test avaialable on net,alhough we can't compare there usefulness with the statdard memory test.

You can search on google search yourself by typing online memory tests.

I am giving one such link below.

Memory Loss and the Brain: Memory Tests

Regards
---------------------------------------------
Press "ACCEPT" if your question has been answered.

---------------------------