Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

I have really bad watery diarrhea with that is very dark in ...

I have really bad watery diarrhea with that is very dark in color along with all kinds of nosies in my stomach. I am extremely uncomfortable....and just want to make sure it is not serious.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 8 years ago.

Is the colour of stool dark green in colour?

have you noticed blood in stool ? Fever?

Vommiting? Are you accepting fluids?

Since how long you have these symptoms?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It started this morning and has been non-stop, it it almost black in color, hard to notice if there is blood but I don't think so. No Fever or vomiting either. Very lethargic, but that could be because my period is due next week. I have also had the the same color in discharge for the last two days from the vaginal area.
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 8 years ago.

Dark colour of stool occurs due to decreased colon transit time in passing loose stools.Diarrhea decreases colon transit time, and thus dark stools. As such it seems that you have viral originated diarrhea. Maintain your fluids levels, Dont take any solid food , You can take Tab Imodium to reduce the frequency of bowel movements . it can be taken maximum up to 4 times , as per the requirement .

• Eat something containing salt, such as crisps or soup.
  • Maintain good standards of hygiene
  • You can take Ready-mixed rehydration sachets (eg Dioralyte, Rehidrat)

It is most likely of viral origin.You should wait and watch, Slowly symptoms will get resolved. If you notice fever, Blood in stool, any sign of dehydration then consult your doctor.

Take care