DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

What is procedure of the spine called x-lift

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Health
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 8 years ago.
I think what you are looking for is XLIF---extreme lateral interbody fusion in the lumbar spine. This is a minimally invasive spine procedure for fusion of vertebral bodies by approaching form the lateral side.
For more information, please read
steps of surgery
video of surgery
review of XLIF

Kindly press ACCEPT if your question has been answered. FEEDBACK is always appreciated.
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute to medical advice.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't know if this is the area for feedback but I want you to know that the doctor supplied me with a very professional way. Not only did he provide a written response but he enabled me to print pictures of the procedure. I feel much better abouat me husband having this done. I will return in the future.Many thanks!!