DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

podiatrist but I have not seen the Dr. yet my appt is in a few days

I was diagnosed with a stress fracture two weeks ago at the ER, I was given crutches to use until I saw a podiatrist but I have not seen the Dr. yet my appt is in a few days. My question is has the fracture healed and can I start walking on it . I still have some sharp pain in my feet and a burning sensation on my heals and my right foot is still swollen but not as it was two weeks ago. I know my appt is in a few days but I am a bit frustrated. Please help
Category: Health
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 8 years ago.
Stress fractures mostly heals by 4-12 wks. But the healing time depends on the location of fracture.Treatment objective is to give rest to the area , avoid weight bearing or the movement which is associated with pain.Once the fracture heals & you are pain free you can return to your activity.So i suggest you to go to your doctor & till that time continue using the crutches.
For more information, please read this.

Kindly press ACCEPT if your question has been answered. FEEDBACK is always appreciated.
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute to medical advice.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for your help. I am greatful. Have a good night or a good morning.