Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

I have a very small lump just under the skin on my ...

I have a very small lump just under the skin on my chest and it started off as a pimple but now it is under the skin and when you squeeze it a small white smelly semi hard stuff comes out. What is this? I also have one on my face that has been there for several years.

I want to get some more detail information about your problem-

What is the size of the lump?

How long are they present?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr.D. Saha's Post: very small with the tiniest hole. The one on my face has been there for several years and the one on my chest about 6 months.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
every month or two I will squeeze them to get the white smelly stuff out and then they are so tiny again until they slowly get more. They don't get big just alittle more raised than right after I squeeze them out. It almost seems like a pimple that you get on your face but the puss smells and is alittle hard.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
they are always there.

Thank you for the information.

From your description it appears that it is kind of pimples with small sinus which looks like tiniest hole. In face and chest both are same.

Usually pimples appear as a group but it may presents as scattered lesion.

But there is a sinus or a small tract at the site from where the white semisolid stuff comes out.

When you squeeze the surface or through the tiny sinus tract it get infected with skin bacteria, the secretion gets dessicated & becomes hard and you get pussy smell on it.

Do not try to squeeze them. If it gets inflammed, you may apply some local antibiotic cream like neosporin skin ointment to reduce any infection.

If it gets large or more inflammed, then dermatological consultation will be helpful.

I hope this will help.
Please press the ACCEPT button if you got your answer. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Will they ever go away if I leave them alone? the one on my face has been there for several years. How can I make them go away short of getting them cut out?
This will go away but may take a long time even years. The only other way is surgical excision . Application of neosporin may help.

thank you.