How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Vikas Your Own Question
Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2241
Experience:  M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Vikas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just turned 18 years old, and I had my physical exam for ...

This answer was rated:

I just turned 18 years old, and I had my physical exam for college today. My doctor asked me all the usual questions like if my periods were still regular, and I said yes, but now I think I might have been wrong. I keep track of how far apart I get them, which is pretty far, maybe usually 30-40 days apart. However, I haven''t gotten my period in 50 days today. Could something be wrong? There''s no way I could be pregnant, I haven''t done anything even close to sex. Thank you for your time.

There are several causes of missed period (Amenorrhoea)

If not because of pregnancy some common other cause in your age includes
excessive physical activity
Excessive weight loss or gain.
Emotional stress.
Hormone problems.

You can find more details here
When to seek medical advice

You should consult a Gynaecologist for it.

Dr. Vikas and 5 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks! So it could be alright left alone, but if not what would my doctor want to do, put me on the pill? Doesn't that make you gain weight? I'm not sure I'd want the side effects.

First of all why it is happening needs to be find out,for which you have to consult a Gynaecologist.

You need not to think about any pills and its side effects at this stage,just consult the Gynaecologist about it.

Best wishes.