DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

My mother has something called pigmented purpura. Is there ...

My mother has something called pigmented purpura. Is there a cure for it? or is there something that she can use to get rid of it?
Category: Health
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 8 years ago.
There is no effective cure for pigmented purpura. It can disappear in a few weeks, recur from time to time or persist for years.
Topical corticosteroids & antihistamines help the itching, but they do not clear the purpura. Graduated compression elastic stockings help the associated venous stasis. If any medicine or food has caused or aggravted the condition, please discontinue the same.
For more information, please read this.

Kindly press ACCEPT if your question has been answered. FEEDBACK is always appreciated.
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute to medical advice.