DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

infections..i thought i had a pimple on the back of my ear lobe..ear

Since June of last year, I have had reoccurring staph infections, 3 times hospitalized to have them drained. Since March I have been free of them, and last week returning from a business trip, i thought i had a pimple on the back of my ear lobe. On friday, I flipped my ear to pop the pimple for it was very sore, and the boil burst :-( I realized after swabbing the puss, that it is another staph. That night i awoke w/tremendous earaches, on both ears, popping in my ears, and a fever followed with dizzieness, which I am still feeling. My doctor is on vacation, and i have called in andleft a message w/ no reply. He returns on thursday, and i have some of the mupirocin ointment which i have been applying to the site. What should I do?
Category: Health
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 8 years ago.
The problem could be more than a simple boil. Severe ear pain, popping in ear, dizziness could be due to infection in the middle or inner ear. This can potentially threaten hearing & cause spread of infection to the brain. You may ned IV antibiotics for treatment.
You need to go to the ER for evaluation & treatment.

Kindly press ACCEPT if your question has been answered. FEEDBACK is always appreciated.
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute to medical advice