Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant

I had blood work done and it says my Lymph is 59%

No Comment Added
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 8 years ago.

For this particular test, each lab has it's own range of what is considered normal and what would be considered abnormal. You will need to ask your doctor what value the lab used has listed as a normal range. Some labs use a normal lymphocyte count between 15-40. If this is the case, then this would be considered above normal. A higher than normal count can be due to infection. You can read more about this test and what high and low values mean here
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I know that the numbers are high already; but high for what? What is it a symptom of? and I also said that Neut was 31 and ALT is<3 What does all this mean? I haven't gotten an answer. I know they are not correct numbers; but for what disease?

A higher than normal lymphoctye count can be due to many things including tuberculosis, mumps, rubella, varicella, whooping cough, brucellosis, herpes simplex, leukemia, mono, hepatitis, toxoplasmosis, and cytomegalovirus. A netrophil test is another test that each lab has a different value. It's possible that the norm could be between 50-70, which in this case means your level is low. This could be due to many things including leukemia, bone marrow damaged caused by infections, medications, and radiation, aplastic anemia, bacterial infection, amongst many other causes. ALT can have a normal range between 4 and 36 but this test is also variable lab to lab. These are very general tests, so your doctor would need to do further evaluation to determine what exactly is occurring.