Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

I have right side quadrant back pain and twinges of pain ...

I have right side quadrant back pain and twinges of pain under my right side rib cage. The twinges started a few months ago, but the right side back pain started about 3 to 4 weeks ago. Some days, it won't hurt as much and other days, it hurts more. Most of the time the pain starts in the late afternoon, evening. I have no medical history. Advil doesn't even take the edge off. Today, I woke up with the constant pain. Could this be gall bladder related? If not then what could it be
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 8 years ago.

Hello.

Pain in the right side of rib cage, need to be checked clinically by doctor. As such it can be due to these causes -1. Pain from gall bladder can occur in right side of chest. 2. Liver inflammation, can be felt on right side, Lastly it may be due to Costochondritis.,this is the inflammation of the cartilage that joins the ribs to the chest bone .

Yes, this can be related with gall bladder stone.

To make a diagnose clinical checkup, Ultrasound of whole abdomen, blood tests are to be done. Please get it checked by doctor soon.