DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

I take (Tramadol) for back pain (the only thing that ...

I take (Tramadol) for back pain (the only thing that works). When on it, I don''t have any back pain, my life feels normal... and lately I really love to exercise... is it dangerous to go running if I am on a muscle relaxer? I''ve found I can run longer distances on the medication, but someone scared me the other day and said it''s terrible for my heart. So, I guess the main question is: Do I have to give up jogging/running if I''m on a muscle relaxer?
There is no contraindication to exercise while on tramadol. Exercise is beneficial to the heart ,the cardiovascular system & most other body systems.
However, tramadol may impair attention & it is advisable to avoid avtivities that require mental alertness.
For more information, please read this

Kindly press ACCEPT if your question has been answered. FEEDBACK is always appreciated.
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute to medical advice