Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

i have a lump on my neck its like a pimple but it has a

i have a lump on my neck its like a pimple but it has a hard spot and i cant get rid of it should i be worried
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 8 years ago.
DearCustomer,

Welcome to the justanswer.com
What is the size of the bump ?
Do you have a history of recent infection ?
Duration of symptoms ?
Is the lump tender ?
Is the lump show any redness ?
Any history of insect bite ?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it is the size of a dime there has been no infection lately. its been there for a couple of weeks the lump is tender and no insect bites in the area of the lump
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it is also kindof round and by my throat on the left side of my windpipe
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 8 years ago.
Do you have a history of sore throat ?throat infections ? Tonsillitis ?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no its been along time since ihave had a sorethroat and have never had tonsilitis i really have had no throat problems until this
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 8 years ago.
If you are able to feel these lumps on palpation and they feel tender chances are that these are infact inflammed lymph nodes .( enlarged lymph nodes)
You need to be consult a doctor for a thorough examination including throat examination to evaluate the cause of these inflammed lymph nodes .
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what does inlarged lymph nodes mean and would they act like a pimple if i sqeeze it i get blood
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 8 years ago.
There are many lymh nodes in the neck .
They are usually felt on palpation and can get tender due to infection .
If you are able to squeeze it like a pimple it does seem to be an boil .
Boils are infected, pus-filled swellings in the skin that are often located in or near hair follicles. They can be present on the neck .
Also due to boil lymph node in the neck can become enlarged.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i am a massage therapy student and have taken a pathology class and it does look like a boil this is not visible the only way i see anything is if i sqeeze it is ca that happen with boils
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 8 years ago.
Yes this can be a presentation with a boil .
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i have had a lump on my check before i think they called it a cyst before and it reminds me alot of that i just remembered that could i have another one the one on my check wasremoved and it came back and removed again this hurts to swollow and when i move my neck at times
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 8 years ago.
A cyst is a closed sac having a distinct membrane and division on the nearby tissue .
On the other hand a collection of pus is called an abscess, not a cyst.
Since there are signs of infection ( tenderness) etc chances are that this could be a boil .
You should consult your regular doctor for appropriate clinical examination for further management .