DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

My husband has red scrotum syndrome. He also has NPH ...

My husband has red scrotum syndrome. He also has NPH (Normal pressure Hydrocephalus and we are trying to get him to a Dr. in Fargo for that. In the meantime he is suffering.
Category: Health
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 8 years ago.
Red scrotum syndrome is an incompletely understood disease. The cause & treatment are controversial. Treatment modalities include use of mild soaps & bland moiturisers, use of topical antifungals, topical steroids, oral doxycycline , oral gabapentin.
The disease is often refractory to treatment. However, it is unlikley to have any serious consequences.
You would need to follow up with your dermatologist for considering other treatment options. Some of the drugs may not be suitable due to NPH.

Kindly press ACCEPT if your question has been answered. FEEDBACK is always appreciated.
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute to medical advice.