DoogleNK
DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
7632001

IV steriod treatment now, I have one more treatment tomorrow

I have MS and am going threw an IV steriod treatment now, I have one more treatment tomorrow, I have an in fection and was given amoxacillin to take. Will this interact with my MS treatment. I also take midodrine and prilocet. Is there any interaction concerns. I was given 500mg capsals
Category: Health
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 8 years ago.
Steroid treatment increases chances of infection & may prolong or worsen a pre-existing infection.

Amoxicillin does not have any harmful interaction with midodrine, prilosec & steroids.

I think the use of antibiotics for an infection in a patient who is on steroids is appropriate.

The risk of flaring of infection needs to be balanced with benefits in MS treatment by your doctor while using steroids in the presence of infection.

Kindly press ACCEPT if your question has been answered. FEEDBACK is always appreciated.
______________________________________________________________________
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute to medical advice.