DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

my skin on the left side of my neck..january 08 and hasnt gone away

do i need to be worried about cancer if i have a small knot/ball right under my skin on the left side of my neck? it's been there since january 08 and hasn't gone away. it hasn't grown at all, but does get tender at times. i had a blood test done in march and it came back fine.
Category: Health
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 8 years ago.

This is probably an enlarged lymph node. Enlarged lymph node can be due to infection or cancer or other uncommon possibilities. As it has not been growing in size & has episodes of tenderness, it sounds more like an infection.
However, you need to get a physical exam to check that. Please consult a physican for physical exam & accurate diagnosis.

Kindly press ACCEPT if your question has been answered. FEEDBACK is always appreciated.
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute to medical advice.