Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice

My hair hurts on my entire body...I dont

My hair hurts on my entire body...I don''t have a fever and other than that symptom nothing else is wrong.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 8 years ago.

Could you clarify your question please?

Do you mean that your hair hurts when you touch it? All over the body? on which part of the body does it hurt the most?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It hurts all over my body. Like I have a fever/flu but I have neither. It hurts even though I am not touching the hair.

Since when have you had this probem?

Do you muscular aches as well?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
about 2 weeks and no muscle aches.

It seems likely that your skin has become very sensitive - this is why even touching and movement of the hair hurts.

One of the commonest causes for sensitive skin is is neuropathy - inflammation of the nerves due to any cause. At your age, deficiency of vitamins of the B-group can be the likely cause.

Please take multivitamin tablets containing Vitamin B1, B12, and B6 for at least 2 weeks and see if it helps. If it does not , you will need to consult a docotr for a thorough investigation.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. Adding a bonus and a positive feedback will be warmly appreciated.