Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

what does a low a/g ratio and low b/c ratio mean I have ...

what does a low a/g ratio and low b/c ratio mean? I have low blood sugar and high blood sugar. i have rapid changes in my vision. I get tired very easy. I have been hospitalized several      times recently for abdomanal infections. I stay dehydrated. My c-peptide and my co2 are low. I am anemic and have had to receive blood twice. Can you help me please?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 years ago.

Low A/G ratio means low albumin and globulin ratio. Usually in liver disorders, dietary deficiency of albumin, increased excretion of albumin in kidney disorders can alter this ratio. Read the details;

The low B/C ratio is not commonly done. The low B/C ratio can be blood urea nitrogen and creatinine ratio, which is sometimes done for assessment for the bleeding.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Arun Phophalia's Post: what about my other symptoms? can you give me a posable diagnosis that i can take to my dr.

The C-peptide and CO2 problems can be because of the anemia, recurrent infections and metabolic phenomenon. Your physician should investigate for the reasons for the low immunity. Another possibility to rule out is absorption defects, which may be preventing the absorption of iron and proteins, and causing anemia, and low albumin. On the basis of this all your clinical features can be explained.

Dr. Arun