Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

Lower back pain sometime cant walk, hurts to cough cant run cant jump

No Comment Added
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 8 years ago.

Hello.

Since how long you have the pain? Is the pain radiating to thigh or legs?

Are you taking any medictaions?

Any past medical illness? Age and sex?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Med_help's Post: this has been the worst year have had the pain bad for the last 2 yearsthis year suck.Had X-rays they didnt call me back which means they didnt find anything... My legs get sleepy like the are num Im 43 Cant sleep my back lower hurts alot so can only sleep 5 hours the meds I have been on and I am on know are Singulair,10mg, Pantoloc40 mg
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 8 years ago.

This is most likely due to compression of sciatica nerve. This is causing pain from back , it can also cause numbness or tingling sensation in thighs and legs. This is not detected in x-ray.Take Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen. You should Use ice or heat to lower back for approximately 20 minutes, and repeat it every two hours.Take bed rest, and remain away from lifting any heavy objects. Also you should consult Physician for Epidural steroid injections and prescribed Painkillers. Avoid stress.