Pauline
Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.
659881

I have a bump or sore between my vagina and anus and I ...

I have a bump or sore between my vagina and anus and I dont know what it is?
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 8 years ago.

How long has it been a problem?

What is the appearance of the sore?

Any vaginal discharge?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Pauline's Post: This is the 2nd time it has occured. Last month it happend in the same spot right before my cycle. I tried to take a mirror to look at it ad from what I can see it is a bump. The bump is sore and i think I irritated it rubbing it because at one time it was itching. This month the same thing happened again. The bumbp hurts but no discharge.
Expert:  Pauline replied 8 years ago.

A sore red bump may be an infected follicle or staph infection, this is usually treated with antibiotics. If there is no redness then it may be a sebaceous cyst and in that case the treatment is warm compresses.

However if there was any crusting, I would be worried about a possible viral infection.

So you can see there are a couple of possible choices so I would recommend that you see your family doctor or Gyn for examination in order to confirm the exact diagnosis. Treatment will depend on the cause.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Pauline's Post: Can you go into further detail about the follicle or staph infection because I am not sure what that is? when you say crusting does that mean becoming dry or have a scab?
Expert:  Pauline replied 8 years ago.

Hair follicles are where the hair sprouts from, often infection can occur in these pores, especially if you shave or wax. Staph is a type of bacteria that is commonly found on skin and can cause pimple-link spots or boils when it gets established.

Crusting means the pimple has a dried top which is loose and can be scraped off. Scabs tend to be occur after top layer of skin has been damaged and allow new skin to grow underneath.