Pauline
Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.
659881

I have a bump or sore between my vagina and anus and I ...

I have a bump or sore between my vagina and anus and I dont know what it is?
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 6 years ago.

How long has it been a problem?

What is the appearance of the sore?

Any vaginal discharge?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Pauline's Post: This is the 2nd time it has occured. Last month it happend in the same spot right before my cycle. I tried to take a mirror to look at it ad from what I can see it is a bump. The bump is sore and i think I irritated it rubbing it because at one time it was itching. This month the same thing happened again. The bumbp hurts but no discharge.
Expert:  Pauline replied 6 years ago.

A sore red bump may be an infected follicle or staph infection, this is usually treated with antibiotics. If there is no redness then it may be a sebaceous cyst and in that case the treatment is warm compresses.

However if there was any crusting, I would be worried about a possible viral infection.

So you can see there are a couple of possible choices so I would recommend that you see your family doctor or Gyn for examination in order to confirm the exact diagnosis. Treatment will depend on the cause.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Pauline's Post: Can you go into further detail about the follicle or staph infection because I am not sure what that is? when you say crusting does that mean becoming dry or have a scab?
Expert:  Pauline replied 6 years ago.

Hair follicles are where the hair sprouts from, often infection can occur in these pores, especially if you shave or wax. Staph is a type of bacteria that is commonly found on skin and can cause pimple-link spots or boils when it gets established.

Crusting means the pimple has a dried top which is loose and can be scraped off. Scabs tend to be occur after top layer of skin has been damaged and allow new skin to grow underneath.

Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.