Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

hi! i am 20 years old and have had stomach issues..pregnant..spotted

hi! i am 20 years old and have had stomach issues since i was 5...with that said a part of me thinks i may be pregnant. Feb. was when it started i spotted between per. and didnt think about it much. i had a light per. and in march same thing. i had sore nipples, cramps, light headiness, and sensitive to some smells and food. now i am like 1 1/2 week late on per. for may. last month my per. was like brown stuff not much blood and lots of discharge. i have also gained like 10 lbs. stomach is fat but not real hard like other preg bellies. i have taken many home test and they all say neg. is there still a possibility? sorry so long
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 8 years ago.

The most reliable time to take a pregnancy test is one week after you have missed a period(expected date of your period).Waiting one week after a missed period will usually give a more accurate answer.Or have a blood pregnancy test.Blood tests can pick up hCG earlier in a pregnancy than urine tests can.Blood tests can tell if you are pregnant about 6 to 8 days after you ovulate.

So first get a blood pregnancy test done.If it comes out to be negative,then following is considered brown vaginal discharge usually occurs when the products of menstruation aren't completely cleared during a menstrual cycle.The various causes of delayed/irregular/mild bleeding of periods can be due to stress,being overweight or underweight,imbalance of hormones,polycystic ovarian syndrome/estrogen dominance,uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis).

So I advice you to first go to have a blood pregnancy test done.

Hope my answer had helped.