Victoria, Chiropractor
Experience:  25 years overall experience in health care from hospital-based intensive care to private practice

My husband sometimes has round flat bumps the size of dimes ...

My husband sometimes has round flat bumps the size of dimes that appear on the areas where he wears his underware. They are not on his genitals. When he takes a shower sometimes they almost dissapear. What is this??
Hi Kelly,

It sounds like your husband is breaking out in little hives. His skin my be sensitive to the elastic in his underwear or possibly the sweat or heat held against his skin by the underwear. If you have changed your laundry detergent, this is also a possibility (sometimes people wash their whites in something different than their colors, potentially explaining a reaction confined to perhaps wearing white underwear).

Hopefully this information will be helpful. Thank you.