Lindie
Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert
163146

I HAVE A PAINLESS FIRM LUMP ON THE PERIPHERY OF MY ...

Customer Question

I HAVE A PAINLESS FIRM LUMP ON THE PERIPHERY OF MY PUBIC AREA, WHICH IS IN LINE ABOUT 2 CM BELOS WHERE LABIA MAJORA SPLIT AT TOP. IT IS ABOUT THE SIZE OF A DIME OR SMALLER. JUST NOTICED IT TODAY AND NEVER HAD ANYTHING LIKE IT BEFORE. WHAT DO YOU THINK IT MAY BE AND WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Category: Health
Expert:  Lindie replied 9 years ago.

From your description, sounds as though you may have what's called sebaceous cyst. With it being painless, it generally best to leave it alone, as it may just go back down. If it does continue to get larger or becomes painful. Then you can try to apply a hot compress or soaking in the tub with epsom salt. If that doesn't help any. Then you need to follow up with your doctor, as he may prescribe steroids or antibiotics. It may also need to be lanced as well.

You can read more about them here as well. read here

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don't forget to click the *ACCEPT* button and please take a moment to leave me *POSITIVE* feedback.