Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology

I am a 48yr old female. 14 1/2 yrs ago I had a tubal ...

I am a 48yr old female. 14 1/2 yrs ago I had a tubal ligation done. recently my stomach kinda looks like i am pregnant. A about a week or more ago, I strated feeling these strange little senations, almost like a tiny little kickof a baby. I have had 5 children, so I know what all of that feels like, But I want to know if it is possible that I could be pregnant. My last pregnancy 14 yrs ago was the strangest, I felt pregnant and took pregnancy tests for 4 months,they came out negative and I still got my period. But when I took the 5th test it came out positive and I actually was pregnnat and when I went to the Doctor, they told me I was already almost 5 months pregnant.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 8 years ago.

Hello there

if you are still having menstrual cycles and bleeding monthly, it is possible you may be pregnant. The problem is if it is the case, after a tubal ligation, your chances of an ectopic pregnancy are real high. So I would go in and see my doc so they can do a blood test, if it is negative, it will rule out a pregnancy whereas there is uncertainty in over the counter tests. Regards XXXXX