4ren6, Medical Forensics
Experience:  Forensics Medical Forensics

I have been bitten by something. Initially, it produced a ...

I have been bitten by something. Initially, it produced a black area on the skin that resembled a bruise that would result from being poked by a pencil-eraser or something similar. It was round, about the size of a dime on my left leg (calf). The next day, I noticed the area due to itching and burning... it was a pimple-like sore, surrounded by a dark red circular area, and further surrounded by a pinkish area. The dark red circular area was about the size of a nickle...the surrounding pinkish-irratated area was about 2 inch diameter. I applied heat to draw out whatever was in the center.... the itching was somewhat relieved by the area became quite sore.   This morning, the center is a scabby pussy sore surrounded by intense redness that is "rashy" looking. This is surrounded by a 4.5 - 5 inch diameter (I measured) pink-red area and the entire calf is swollen. I have no idea what bit me. I first thought it a bruise, but it definitely looks like a spider bite now.
Category: Health
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.
I agree that you may well have been bitten by a spider. Possibly a brown recluse. This may also be from a tick as both will have what is known as a bull's eye target appearance. I would strongly suggest to go to your local ER to have it examined and treated. You may need to be put on antibiotics for this as well. But do not leave it untreated nor unseen by either your primary doctor or a local ER. I suggest an ER if possible. I have photos of both if needed. Reply if needed.