Please continue with the Gaviscon and the Omeprazole. But please also take the steps given below to feel better:
- Take sips of ice cold water throughout the day from time to time. This will cool the stomach tissue and decrease acid secretion. Ice-creams and cold custard also work, plus since they are semisolid, they have less chances of trickling upwards and causing heartburn.
- Take 4-5 small meals instead of 3 major meals. Ice-cold rice pudding is ideal for you.
- Avoid greasy, fried food .
- Sleep in a propped up position instead of flat on the bed to prevent acid reflux.
- As soon as you wake up in the morning and before getting up from bed, nibble at 2-3 dry crackers. These will absorb whatever acid and gas has collected in your stomach overnight. Lie quietly in bed for another 30 minutes.
- Liquid and solid food is not to taken together. Liquids are to be taken at least 1 hour after solids.
- All fruits should be taken as cold as possible.
- Take an antacid called Mucaine gel. This contains an antacid as well as a local anaesthetic and willl decrease the pain. But it should not be taken for longer than 7 days at a stretch.
All the medicines are available OTC.
If you still do not feel better, you will need to consult your doctor for a gastroscopy as well as a barium meal xray.
I hope this helps.
Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the "Accept" button on this page. A positive rating and adding a bonus will be warmly appreciated.