Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience

blood..my feet feels like I could shoot my toenails off my toes

Customer Question

In the past three weeks I have developed a bad case of Edena to the point of being painful to walk stand or even lay comfortably. I have no other health conditions orther then high blood pressure controlled by meds. The pressure in my feet feels like I could shoot my toenails off my toes. I spoke with my DR and he recommended an oct water pill. The swelling is clearly visible in my hands face and feet. He did do a urnalsys and kidneys are fine. I am worried, not to mention frusterated.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.

I want to get some more detail information about your problem-

How long the problem is there?

Which medicine for the blood pressure do you take?

Have you done recently echocardiography? ECG?

Do you have any other disease?

Do you take any other medicine?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Dr.D. Saha's Post: This all started with sharp pains in my back lower left side and then I started swelling that was about three weeks ago. I have been on Benicar for my bp for 2 years now. I had ECG back when they digianosed my HBP. I do have an irregular heart beat and am premenapausal but other then that I have no other health conditions and take no other medications.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.
Was the urine analysis done after the swelling started?
Was BUN & creatinine level seen?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Dr.D. Saha's Post: The uine analysis was done after swelling started and all I was told was that is was normal. No sign of kindey infection.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for the information.

As kidney function is normal according to the test done by your doctor, there may be problem with your heart.

You need to do repeat urine analysis, Complete blood count, blood urea, creatinine, protein etc. Echocardiography, ECG to find out the cause of edema.

As the problem has started with lower back pain there may be some other pathology in the kidney or in the spine.

Detailed examination and investigations are needed to come to a conclusion.

You should contact your doctor as early as possible.

I hope this will help. Please press the ACCEPT button if you got your answer.
Your Positive Feed back is dearer to me. Bonus is appreciated. Thank you.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I went to my Cardologist and all things checked out normal there. I have had one other thought. In the beginning of April I was on antibiodics from some dental work I was having done. The On April 30th I was bitten by a dog, I had tweleve stitches and a tetnus shot. Could the combination of the antibiodics and the tetnus shot cause the reactions I have been having. I did a bit of research on tetnus reactions and it seems to fit the bill. I am so exhausted that I sleep continually and when I am awake it feels as if I am wearing a weight suit.