Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I was sitting in my recliner yesterday and flexed my left ...

I was sitting in my recliner yesterday and flexed my left foot and felt a sharp pain on the right side of the foot. In response to the pain I moved my foot again and yet another sharp pain more on the top of the foot. I applied hot wet cloths to the ankle area and received some relief. I now have more flexibility but the ankle is swelled on the left side of the foot and I am unable to walk without limping. I am a 53 year old female who is moderately active walking 3 to 4 days per week. I have been walking for years.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.

I want to get some more detail information about your problem-

How long the problem is there?

Do you have any other disease?

Do you take any medicine?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Dr.D. Saha's Post: This happened just yesterday afternoon about 4:30. I have is asthma and am being treated for depression and anxiety. I take Singulair 10mg per day; Prempro .45mg/1.5mg; Diclofenac Potassium 50mg (2/day)for treatment of neck pain from an old injury when I was 16 years old; Lamictal 200mg/day; Wellbutrin XL 300mg/day.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for the information.

The pain in your foot probably due to sprain which causes spasm of the muscle tendon often requiring a period of immobilization.

You have already taking rest and applying moist heat and also probably you are taking Diclofenac, it is not helping.

In acute pain ice pack compression works better than hot compression.

You may need cast to give complete rest to that part.

An X-ray may be needed to exclude any other pathology.

I would advise you to consult doctor for examination and start of proper management.

I hope this will help. Please press the ACCEPT button if you got your answer.
Your Positive Feed back is dearer to me. Bonus is appreciated. Thank you.

Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 35 years of experience