Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I am 69+ years old and am experiencing vaginal bleeding for ...

I am 69+ years old and am experiencing vaginal bleeding for the past 2 days. It started very pale and only when urinating. Now it is darker a bit heavier with slight lower adominal discomfort. I began menopause at age 40 or so and just stopped with no side effects.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.

I want to get some more detail information about your problem-

Is the bleeding from vagina or with urine?

Do you have any other disease?

Do you take any other medicine?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Bleeding is from vagina. NOt heavy bleeding. Has been occuring only in the last couple of days. Sometimes it seems to have disappeared and then appears again on toilet tissue after urinating. It began as pinkish stain and is now redder but not heavy at this time. I take Meclizine for innter ear dizziness - 25mg 3/day for last 10 years. No other medication. Have never taken hormone replacements. Am very overweight but have no known diseases.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for the information.

After menopause when there is bleeding form the vagina, it should be investigated thoroughly to find out the source of bleeding.

In addition to PAP smear you may need ultrasonography and other investigations also to confirm the diagnosis.

You should not delay to contact your doctor. As you are sure about the bleeding is from vagina, you should contact your gynecologist.

I hope this will help. Press the ACCEPT button if I answered your question. If you are satisfied please leave a Positive Feed back which is dearer to me. Thank you.