Dr. Zia
Dr. Zia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, ECFMG certified

I have severe pain under and to the left under my left ...

I have severe pain under and to the left under my left breast. I rode a ride at Holiday World called the Voyage. It jerked mearound real good. Should I get an x-ray? It happened 2 days ago
Does it hurt when you press on the area?
Have you used anything for the pain.. and has it brought some relief?
Do you have any other medical problems?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It seems to help when I hold a soft pillow to the area..It hurts when I cough and move about, sitting and lying still helps with the pain. The only thing I have taken is ibuprofen it does not help much. No other medical problems.
Seems like a muscular or a skeletal problem with the symtpoms that you are mentioning that should go away on its own with time and does not require an xray or any investigations at the present moment. If however your symptoms do not improve or you start to develop new symptoms such as fever, coughing with sputum etc. then you will definitely need to see your doctor ASAP. But at present you can wait and see and the symptoms should go away. You can try taking a higher dose of ibuprofen 400, 600 or even 800 (maximum at one time) if the pain is severe.