Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant

Type your question here

No Comment Added

What is your question>?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I do not know what happened to the rest of my question. I am a 51 year old female. Wednesday at about 3pm, so I'm told. I could not remember what day it happened. Today I have sever nausea, headache, dry heaves. I woundered if I might have a concussion. My eyes a dry and are not focusing well. I do already have vascular and complicated migraines. I have injectable demerol and phenergan at home. I already took zofran and tylenol. I read that the main thing with a concussion is rest. Is it okay to use the phenergan and demerol for the nausea and back pain. The fall I fell over backwards on the lawn and landed on my upper back and hit my head a little.

Symptoms of a concussion include prolonged headache, vision disturbances, dizziness, nausea or vomiting, impaired balance, confusion, memory loss, ringing ears, difficulty concentrating sensitivity to light and loss or smell or taste. A doctor should be consulted if any of these symnptoms occur after a blow to the head. I would make a trip to the ER to have an evaluation to determine if any type of serious damage was done. At that point a doctor in person could also tell you what medications you should take.