Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  U.S. Physician/Surgeon in Neurosurgery
206912

my heart..low and they were takening me back to the operating room

recently had a stent put in my heart, after wakeing up in recovery i was told my bp wasvery low and they were takening me back to the operating room. what could have happened to cause this?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 8 years ago.
The best way to figure out exactly what happened is to go to the hospital medical records department and ask for 1) your hospital discharge summary and 2) the operative notes for your procedures.

In these, your doctors will have discussed exactly the reasons for why you had to return to the operating room -- they should have discussed this with you prior to going back to the operating room, but perhaps it was an emergency situation, or that you don't remember due to the sedating drugs.

I can speculate why you needed to go back: with low blood pressures post-op, the surgeons are always concerned about ongoing internal bleeding - they may have wanted to look again to make sure there was no bleeding associated with the procedure.

But again, the best way to figure this out is through your actual hospital medical record.