Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

when I woke up I could taste blood, which was not there ...

when I woke up I could taste blood, which was not there when I went to sleep, I went to the sink and spat out red blood a couple of times, I have tasted blood before but never spat it, in the past. I have never had any pain or symptoms of any kind
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.

You should look into your mouth with a mirror to find out any spot or source of blood.

It can be the gum margins where you may not feel any pain. It may be gingivitis ( inflammation of gum) from which bleeding occurs.

Other probable cause may be pharyngitis (inflammation of the pharynx) where should have cough, sore throat symptoms.

If you can not find out any source you should contact your doctor / dentist to have a look at it.

I hope this will help. Press the ACCEPT button if I answered your question.
If you are satisfied please spend a few seconds for Positive Feed back. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Not to long ego I had hand surgery.Before that Ihad this hapen from time to time,but right now this is hapenning every night.After surgery I had sore throut but not eny other pain at all.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.
Sore throat may be the cause.

But I feel it may be from your mouth / gum. Gingivitis or other cause may be there.

Sometimes vitamin C deficiency may cause painless gum bleeding which is known as scurvy.

You need examination by doctor and blood investigation may be needed to find out any bleeding disorder or other pathology.