Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

could i be pregnant

Customer Question

My boyfriend ejaculated close to my vagina, about a month ago. I know that the chances of pregnancy this way are small, but possible. I have not had a cycle in a month either. I have been experiencing being hungry at all hours of the night, breast inlargment, tiredness,frequent urge to use to the restroom, stomach pain [but not cramps] I was told that I may have a slight hormone imbalance to do the meds that I take, is it possible that these hormones are only making me think that im pregnant? Please help!
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 years ago.

What are the medications you are taking? Did you do a home pregnancy test?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am taking singular,allegra,zoloft, and a multi vitamin.I have yet to take a pregnancy test. I wanted to see if my medicines were causing a possible imbalance before I bought one. I have also had the urge not to sleep on my stomach, which is weird to be seeing thats my normal position.

Slight imbalance of hormones is do caused by these medications. But I don't think, they are responsible for your symptoms. Just absence of period for whatever reason can be responsible for your symptoms. Any absence of period do cause hormonal aberrations and these symptoms. The absence of period or delay in period can be because of various hormonal disorders, thyroid dysfunctions, excessive exercises, anxiety, stress, emotional disorders, sudden weight loss or gain etc, apart from pregnancy. Read about these causes in the resource in the section of secondary amenorrhea;

It would be still be prudent to get a pregnancy test done, despite chance of pregnancy is low if ejaculation is outside the vagina.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you. I have done alot of research on this.. i was also curious as to false pregnancy?

I won't be much convinced with the diagnosis of false pregnancy, but again an academic consideration. The commoner causes should be first excluded/ruled out.

You are welcome.

Best wishes and kindest regards.

Dr. Arun