Dr J Burk
Dr J Burk, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS MRCGP

the nipples on my breast become very sore in cold weather

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What sex (are you) / (is the person you're asking about)?
-How old (are you) / (is the person you're asking about)?
-What (have you) / (has the person you're asking about) already tried?

Are you taking any medication?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
sex m 60y old doctors at VA ran some blood test with no ansewers. they don't know what the cause is. meds-lithium carbonate;propoxyphene-acetaminophen;venlafaxine hcl;

The only possible cause of soreness of nipples in cold weather seems to be because of tactile response to cold temperature.The smooth muscles of nipple are very sensitive to cold and due to cold,these muscles gets contracted.It is the inflammation of these muscles which causes soreness in nipples.These smooth muscle are under the control of the autonomic nervous system.So these gets inflamed in winter.

You may take anti inflammatory oral or local medication to get relief from this soreness.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I can not accept this answer. It did not use to be like this. there has to be more to this.
Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 8 years ago.

Are you worried about a more serious problem?

Dr Jef